UNAK Science Fund
The Board operates according to Regulations on the University of Akureyri Science Fund. The Board is composed of six persons appointed by the University Council for a term of up to three years. The University of Akureyri Science Fund has the role of promoting research and scientific endeavour on behalf of the University. The Fund’s assets are derived from specific budgetary allocations. The Board advertises and calls for applications for grant allocations from the Fund and decides on application periods. The Board is in charge of the finances of the Fund on behalf of the University Council and decides on allocations of the Fund.
UNAK Science Fund:
- Elísabet Hjörleifsdóttir, Associate Professor, Vice-Chair
- Kristín Dýrfjörð, Associate Professor, Chair
- Margrét Hrönn Svavarsdóttir, Assistant Professor
- Oddur Vilhelmsson, Professor
- Ragnar Stefánsson, Professor Emeritus, Chair
- Anna Ólafsdóttir, Associate Professor
- Guðmundur Torfi Heimisson, Assistant Professor
- Gísli Kort Kristófersson, Assistant Professor
- Hjördís Sigursteinsdóttir, Adjunct
- Kristján Þór Magnússon, PhD
Term of appointment expires 1 November 2019.