According to the charter of Végeirsstaðir Fund, which was confirmed by the University Council on 10 March 1998, the purpose of the Fund is to strengthen the operations of the University of Akureyri at Végeirsstaðir for the benefit of students and staff. The Board of Végeirsstaðir Fund is also assigned the task of addressing issues related to real estate, buildings, and liquid assets at Végeirsstaðir in the ownership of the University of Akureyri, according to a decision by the Rector.
- Eyjólfur Guðmundsson, Rector, Chair
- Brynhildur Bjarnadóttir, Assistant Professor
- Harpa Halldórsdóttir, Director of Finance
- Pétur Halldórsson, Icelandic Forest Service
- Sigfríður Inga Karlsdóttir, Associate Professor
Term of appointment expires 30 June 2021.