The post of visiting professorship in Arctic studies at the University of Akureyri is available for application. It is awarded for a twelve months period to a leading scientist – each year to candidates from different fields of studies - working with issues that bear on legal, economic, social and natural circumstances in the Arctic. Application deadline is the 1st of July 2013.
Formal period of employment starts 1st of December 2013; exact timing will be subject to negotiations.
Qualifications for a successful candidate will include:
• A PhD (or equivalent experience) with a strong academic background in Arctic studies relevant to the sustainable development of social – and ecological in the Arctic regions.
• The ability to stimulate academic cooperation and exchange of ideas between the Icelandic and Norwegian academic milieus, in the field of Arctic studies.
• Experience in working across disciplines with complex human-environmental - social issues.
• Research experience relating to the Arctic.
• Participation in international research networks as well as a proven ability to obtain research grants.
• Strong communicative and social/interpersonal skills.