An Arctic Circle Assembly Pre-Event in Akureyri, Iceland
The Greenlandic Representation in Reykjavík and the Northern Research Forum at the University of Akureyri (NRF at UNAK) will jointly organize an Arctic Circle Assembly pre-event on Wednesday, October 9, 2019 in Akureyri, Iceland.
The event is titled From National Strategies to Shared Solutions – Best Practices for Sustainable Development in the Arctic and is a Best Practices Showcase on the topics of:
- Green Solutions for Northern Societies – Energy and Waste Management Services
- Economic and Social Benefits of Air Transport and Airport Structures
- Regional Tourism and Sustainable Development
GREETINGS AND OPENING REMARKS:
- Ásthildur Sturludóttir, Mayor of Akureyri, Iceland
- Ane Lone Bagger, Minister for Education, Culture, Church and Foreign Affairs, Greenland
- Þórdís Kolbrún Reykfjörð Gylfadóttir, Minister of Tourism, Industry and Innovation, Iceland
- Charlotte Ludvigsen, Mayor of Sermersooq, Greenland
The aim of the program is to bring together policy makers, researchers, business leaders, developers and innovators – working in Northern societies – to discuss how to work with national strategies and implement them at a local level. From National Strategies to Shared Solutions is an important opportunity to work together and get inspiration from one another.
Please register here if you want to join us in Akureyri
Participation is free of charge, and the event is open for everyone
For more information on the program, you can contact the NRF at UNAK by email email@example.com