Nordic conference on language and gender
10th Nordic Conference on Language and Gender
The 10th Nordic conference on language and gender will be held at the University of Akureyri, Iceland, 20-21 October 2017. This is the first time that the conference is held in Iceland, but it is an important forum for theoretical and methodological discussions amongst Nordic researchers with an interest in language and gender. The conference has its roots in language research, e.g. sociolinguistics, discourse analysis, conversation analysis, language history and dialectology, but is is no less open for contributions from fields such as sociology, gender research, feminist theories, education and more.
- Helga Hilmisdóttir, The Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies, Iceland
Gender and Personal Pronouns in Icelandic Debates and Conversations
- Jón Ingvar Kjaran, University of Iceland, Iceland
"Fag, dude, dyke, fat or hot”. Word prevalence among high school students in terms of gender/sexual stereotypes
- Kristina Fjelkestam, Stockholm University, Sweden
"How I Learned to Love the Bomb": Peirce and Feminist Semiotics
- Stina Ericsson, Linneaus University, Sweden
Sustaining and Challenging Gender and Sexuality Norms:Cis, Hetero, and Family Normativities in Children's Interactions
Presentations: Each presenter has 30 minutes; 20 minutes for the presentation itself, followed by 10 minutes for discussion.
Abstracts: Abstracts (no more than 300 words) should be send in no later than 30th of May 2017.
- Suggestions for workshops: Should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30th of May.
- Registration: Registration opens 3rd of April.
- Conference languages: Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, English.
- Organisation committee: Andrea Hjálmsdóttir, Brynhildur Þórarinsdóttir, Finnur Friðriksson, Kristín Ástgeirsdóttir, Kristín Margrét Jóhannsdóttir.
- Contact: For further information please contact Finnur Friðriksson, associate professor at faculty of Education; email@example.com.