The Centre of School Development
The Centre of School Development is an independent unit within the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Akureyri. It functions as a two-way link between Icelandic schools and the University, transmitting knowledge from one to the other. The Centre's main concern is various projects regarding improvement and transformation in preschools, elementary schools, high schools and universities.
It also provides advice and information to teachers, school administrations and other professionals within the field of education. Along with the Faculty of Education it introduces educational innovations to teachers, carries out research on educational practice and organises conferences. The Centre of School Development administers the University of Akureyri's contract with Akureyri Municipality regarding specialist services for the municipality's schools.
The Centre of School Development is led by a director, who is professionally responsible for its operations. The current director is Laufey Petrea Magnúsdóttir. Specialists in educational sciences work at the Centre, but apart from them teachers from the Faculty of Education take part in its work.
The staff of the Centre of School Development:
- Laufey Petrea Magnúsdóttir, director
- Guðbjörg Oddsdóttir, specialist
- Helga Magnea Steinsson, specialist
- Íris Hrönn Kristinsdóttir, specialist
- Ragnheiður Lilja Bjarnadóttir, specialist
- Rannveig Oddsdóttir, specialist
- Sigríður Ingadóttir, specialist
- Sólveig Zophoníasdóttir, specialist
- Þóra Rósa Geirsdóttir, specialist