Foreign degree-seeking students apply on equal basis as Icelandic students for the study programs offered by the University of Akureyri. Students need to demonstrate knowledge of the language instruction, which is either Icelandic or English depending on the program. All bachelor degrees are taught in Icelandic. The only program available and taught entirely in English is thepolar law program (master degree).
Application deadlines for degree seeking students (Polar law):
- 1st of April (NON-EU/EEA RESIDENTS)
- 5th June (EU/EEA RESIDENTS)
Below you will find links to specific information for degree-seeking students.
Other information are under:
- Information about curriculum is under "Education"
- General information about the University of Akureyri is under "About UNAK"
- General Information about Iceland, the town of Akureyri, facilities and student services is under "Prospective Students"
- Courses offered in English here.
Please contact the International Office if you have problems finding information. The telephone number is: +354 460 8035 and e-mail: international(at)unak.is.