Research Centre Against Violence
Scholars at the University of Akureyri, in addition to former students of the University, have established the Research Centre Against Violence. The Centre was formally established on the 21st of February 2011. The aim of the Research Centre Against Violence is to eliminate all violence, particularly against children and violence in intimate relationships, in the following ways:
- Collaboration with corresponding institutions and organisations domestically and abroad, including UNICEF, UNIFEM, and more.
- Organise conferences and seminars to disseminate knowledge of violence and its consequences.
- Publications to promote knowledge of violence and ways to eliminate it.
- Build up a website where people can gather research and educational material about violence, www.alltumofbeldi.is
- Organise courses about violence by various groups.
- Distribute grants for research on violence.
- Other issues which the board decides on.
The Executive Board:
- Sigrún Sigurðardóttir, PhD (Cand), Director
- Ágúst Þór Árnason, Adjunct at UNAK
- Dr. Sigríður Halldórsdóttir, Professor at UNAK
Management Board for the Research Centre Against Violence:
- Ágúst Þór Árnason, Adjunct at UNAK, email@example.com
- Dr. Árún K. Sigurðardóttir, Professor, School of Health Sciences at UNAK, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Ársæll Már Arnarsson, Professor of Psychology at UNAK, email@example.com
- Geirlaug Björnsdóttir, Manager for the Rehabilitation Centre of the North, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Giorgio Baruchello, Professor of Philosophy at UNAK, email@example.com
- Héðinn Sigurðsson, Health Physician and Manager at the Health Care Centre at Blönduós, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristín Ástgeirsdóttir, Historian and Manager at the Centre for Gender Equality, email@example.com
- Sigfríður Inga Karlsdóttir, Associate Professor, Midwife and Nurse at UNAK, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Sigríður Halldórsdóttir, Professor at UNAK, email@example.com
- Sigrún Sigurðardóttir, PhD (Cand), Director of the Research Centre Against Violence, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Sigurður Kristinsson, Professor in Ethics, School of Humanities and Social Sciences at UNAK, email@example.com
- Sóley Björk Stefánsdóttir, Media Researcher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Þuríður Árnadóttir, Physical Therapist, email@example.com