Student Counselling Services
The Student Counselling Services is principally intended to operate three complimentary objectives:
- To assist current and prospective students at the University in choosing courses of study.
- To provide individuals and groups with counselling and guidance during their studies especially concerning improvements in study skills and techniques.
- To offer comprehensive personal counselling and advice to students concerning both their studies and private life.
The Student Counselling Services places emphasis on providing services suitable to the needs of individuals and/or groups.
- Árný Þóra Ármannsdóttir, firstname.lastname@example.org, +354 460 8038.
- Solveig Hrafnsdóttir M.Sc, email@example.com, +354 460 8034.
If you have questions concerning your stay at the University of Akureyri, please do not hesitate to contact us, whether it concerns the progress of your studies, registration, study skills or personal matters. We can either assist you at the office or refer you to other professionals.
Office hours and appointments
Office hours: Weekdays 8:00-16:00.
Walk-in-hours: Weekdays 13:30-14:30 during the academic school year.
Location: We are located in the G-building at Sólborg.
The Student Counsellor assists and guides foreign students at the University of Akureyri, especially concerning choices of courses and personal counselling. The Student Counsellor has knowledge of inter-cultural counselling.