Application process for prospective exchange students
1. Apply for exchange studies at your home university.
2. Ask the international coordinator at your home university to nominate you for exchange studies at the University of Akureyri by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and request an access to the online nomination form. The deadline to nominate students is two weeks prior to the application deadline.
3. After we receive your nomination we will e-mail you with detailed information on the application process and give you access to the online application form. Please make sure this e-mail address will not go to your junk mail filter: email@example.com.
4. After receiving the e-mail about the application process you should fill in the application online. A signed and printed version of the application is however requested and a passport photo of you and your transcript of records must be included for the application to be valid. This must be an original copy of your transcript of records in English or a Nordic language (DK, NO, SE, IS).
5. Send the application along with your transcript of records before the respective deadline. Please remember to sign the application. The post stamp on your application must be no later than the date of the deadline.
6. Applications are evaluated by the School/Faculty that you apply for and you can expect an informal response to your application by e-mail no later than 15th June (spring semester, 30th of November). Formal acceptance packets will be sent soon after which will include the Handbook for Exchange and Visiting Students which you are required to read carefully to prepare you for the stay in Iceland.
7. The International Office assists exchange students in finding housing for the academic year/semester. Accepted exchange students will receive a housing offer prior to their arrival. All rooms are with an access to a kitchen and a bathroom. All further information on accommodation is available here
Students need to send the following:
- application, paper version signed by the student and his/her coordinator.
- One passport photograph
- Transcript of records. Original in English or a Nordic language (DK, NO, SE, IS) – with original colored university stamp mark
Applications lacking the required signature by faculty/departmental/exchange coordinator or missing any of the required documents when the application deadline has passed cannot be considered. Late applications cannot be considered. Original copies are required, faxed/scanned forms are not accepted as a qualified application.
- Exchange students: 15th of May for autumn semester and the full academic year (non- EU/EEA students 15th April) and 1st of November for spring semester (non EU/EEA students 1 October).